Virtual Festival Overview
Here’s what you need to know:
- In order to buy tickets or passes, you’ll need to create an account (or log-in with Facebook).
- All films and filmmaker Q&As will be accessible through the Eventive site (Chrome works best), or through their streaming app on your smart TV (available on Roku or Apple TV). Note: the live broadcast Q&As will not be streamed live through the TV app.
- Some films are available anywhere in the United States and two are restricted to viewers located in Colorado.
- Most films will be available to watch throughout the ten-day festival. Some are limited to a few days.
- Once you start watching a film you have 24 hours to finish.
How to Buy Passes and Tickets
All Festival Passes are $55.00 and include access to ACT’s entire 2021 festival programming slate (Note: some films are only available to viewers located inside Colorado).
- You’ll need to create an account on our online festival platform to purchase a pass.
- Once the festival schedule is released you must “pre-order” (reserve) tickets for all the screenings and Q&As you wish to view.
- In order to ensure you have access (like the in-person festival, the virtual festival has a limited number of tickets), we suggest that you pre-order tickets at your earliest convenience.
- Films will be available to watch only during our ten-day festival in March.
- Most films are available to watch from anywhere in the United States, but a few are restricted to Colorado viewers only.
- Here’s our video tutorial on how to reserve tickets once you have a pass.
If you don’t wish to purchase a pass, access to view one film costs $10.
- You’ll need to create an account on our online festival platform to purchase a ticket.
- There is a small ticketing fee applied to each transaction (not to each ticket).
- To purchase a ticket, click on the title of the film you want to watch. Select “Pre-Order Now.”
- Each film (except for our shorts programs) has a maximum number of viewers that can watch over the course of the 10-day festival. Therefore, purchase your tickets in advance to ensure your access.
- CSU students can access films for $5 – but you need a discount code. Email: email@example.com from your CSU email account to receive the code.
Watch Parties & Live Filmmaker Q&As
From our homes to yours, join ACT as we watch films together safely apart. View ACT’s films at your leisure or plan to join us to watch synchronously (or just log on for the live Q&As). Can’t make it? Don’t worry, we will post the Q&As later. We also have pre-recorded interviews with some filmmakers.
Start your virtual screening at the designated time and join the Q&A live directly from the Eventive site. You can submit questions via the webinar chat function. Note: livestreams are not available through the Eventive App on SmartTvs.
Film tickets, film selection, and festival schedule information is listed here.
How to Watch
ACT is partnering with the virtual film festival platform Eventive to host our online festival. You can access films from your computer, device, or on your TV. Check out our video tutorial to learn more about accessing and navigating the virtual festival platform. Here’s another video to help you access films on your TV.
Check out the help guide to see what requirements and how you can access films (there are a lot a ways to access films and Eventive offers live help if you run into trouble). https://watch.eventive.org/help
If you bought a pass, you will still need to reserve tickets to films. Here’s a video tutorial on how to reserve your spot.
Get your home theatre ready
You have created your account and have your pass or ticket. Now plan how to watch the films from your home theatre.
- Connect your TV (this is not an app for your device or phone – just for smart TVs).
- Here’s a step by step video tutorial to help guide you.
- If you own a Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Smart TV, or Apple TV you can download the Eventive app, connect to your account, and stream films. (Note: live Q&As are not available on Smart TVs Eventive App. Also, the Eventive App is for TVs and does not work on devices, tablets, phones, or computers).
- You can also Cast or AirPlay the film to your TV. For this option, use your smart phone or laptop to Cast (Google Chromecast) or AirPlay (Apple) films to your TV.
- You can plug your laptop or device into your TV through an HDMI cable.
- Run into trouble? Check out the tech help or chat with someone.
- Watch on your computer, device, or tablet.
- You will not be able to access films if you are logged into a virtual private network (VPN). Films are only available to viewers in the United States and VPNs obstruct geoblocks.
- Live Q&As are not available on the Eventive App on Smart TVs. You will need to log into those on a computer or other device or access through an HDMI cable or casting to your TV directly. See help for more details.
- If you are using an internet browser, Chrome works best.