Student Short Film Competition
Calling student filmmakers!
We invite you to submit an original work of short narrative fiction, documentary, or animated film exploring themes related to human rights for selection. The top films will be screened on the festival’s opening day: Thursday, April 5, 2018.
Human rights film festivals occur around the world, from Geneva and Glasgow to Melbourne and Mumbai. They are galvanizing cultural events. Very few occur in the United States, and none in Colorado. Until now. The 3rd annual ACT Human Rights Film Festival is happening April 5-8 & 13-14, 2018.
Now in it’s third year, the ACT Human Rights Film Festival, seeks to awaken, connect, and transform individuals and communities. In 2017 more than 2,000 people gathered across one week to watch 16 films exploring LGBTQ rights, access to education, women’s rights, civil rights and more – issues which touch communities at a local and global scale. This year the festival continues its special student filmmaker section, celebrating excellence in the field of socially conscious cultural production.
Rules and Terms
- Submission Deadline: January 31st, 2018
- Entrants must send a photocopy of a current student I.D. to email@example.com
- Entries must come from students living in the Western Region of the United States (California, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico)
- Films must be 10 MINUTES or less
- Films in languages other than English must be subtitled in English
- Films must focus on themes related to human rights
- Submissions must include a brief film synopsis
Juried Awards and Cash Prizes
- Jurors’ First Place: $500
- Jurors’ Second Place: $250
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, or (970)491-6036