Important Festival Details
- The box office will open 30 minutes prior to each screening.
- Doors will open 15 minutes prior to each screening.
- All Festival passholders receive priority seating. Pass holders should gather at the ACT Pass holder sign located just outside the main entry door to each venue no later than 20 minutes prior to the program start for access.
- Pass holders must show proof of purchase at the ACT Box Office/Information Table to receive an official “badge” that must be worn or presented for entrance to any screening or panel discussion. Badges can be picked up at any screening beginning March 31. Pass holders are responsible for keeping track of their badges for the duration of the festival. Replacement badges will not be issued.
- No late seating once feature film has begun.
- Festival schedule and guests are subject to change.
- Auditoriums must be cleared between screenings. No saving of seats.
- Ticket holders including pass holders are guaranteed seats only up to 5 minutes prior to scheduled start time of the screening. After this time, any remaining seats may be sold to patrons waiting in the Standby Ticket line.
- When a film screening is deemed STANDBY, it means that the allotment of advance tickets has been reached. Empty Seats will be released for sale to the Standby line 5 minutes prior to a screening showtime. Tickets will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. Standby lines form one hour prior to a screening.
- All films will be shown in their original language with English subtitles. Please note that many of the films do not carry a MPAA rating.
- Recording devices are not permitted in the theaters.
- All bags are subject to inspection.
- Please silence all electronic devices while in theaters. Failure to do so may result in ejection from the theater.
- No refunds or exchanges, except in the rare case of a program cancellation.
How do I purchase tickets?
Advance Ticket Sales
Tickets are on sale now. Visit our festival hub to secure your seats.
If you purchased your ticket online you will have the option to print your ticket at home to be presented at the door, or to show us your ticket via your mobile devise. There is no will call for online purchases.
At the Door
Tickets to each film can be purchased at the door. Sales are subject to availability and advanced ticket purchase is recommended to secure entry. We recommend online, advance purchase through our festival hub.
How does Standby work?
If the allotment of advance tickets has been reached, there may still be tickets available via the Standby system. Should this be the case, a Standby line will be formed beginning 3o minutes prior to the screening time. Upon arrival, check in with the Box Office for a line number. We will begin to release seats 5 minutes prior to the screening time. While entry is not guaranteed, best efforts will be made to get as many people in as possible. If admitted, you will be called up to the Box Office to purchase your ticket and directed to seats in the theater.
Where do I exchange my voucher?
Festival vouchers must be redeemed for a festival screening ticket in advance of the screening you wish to see, pending seat availability. You can exchange them using your unique code online (enter into “Have a Discount” at checkout) or in person at the ACT box office.
How early should I arrive to the film screening?
Theater doors will open roughly 15 minutes prior to each film screening. You may begin line up 30 minutes prior to the film screening time.
Can I bring my child/children?
Festival films do not carry a MPAA rating. We recommend watching the film trailer and reading the synopsis to determine if the film content is appropriate for your child/children. Please do not bring children under the age of 6. An individual ticket will be needed for any child sitting in a seat.
Where can I park?
ACT Human Rights Film Festival takes places at the Lory Student Center and The Lyric.
Lory Student Center parking directions. 1110 Center Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80523
Lory Student Center parking lot includes metered spaces and “A” zone spaces. These are enforced from 7:300 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Monday through Friday. Note: there are some specially signed “A” zone spaces that are enforced until 7:00 P.M. Additional parking is available at the Morgan Library and North End parking lots. See CSU campus map.
The Lyric parking directions. 1209 N. College Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80524.
Parking is available in The Lyric’s lot, at Jax Outdoor Gear (use the crosswalk to get across College). There is also street parking on Hickory Street, half a block north of the theatre.
Are ACT venues ADA accessible?
Yes. The Lory Student Center Theatre and The Lyric are ADA accessible. Details follow:
- Lory Student Center Theatre is ADA accessible. Accessible parking can be found in both the Morgan Library and Engineering parking lots. See CSU Parking Map for more details. The Lory Student Center and Theatre is ADA accessible. The theater has an elevator to gain access to balcony seating.
- The Lyric is ADA accessible. Accessible parking is available with easy access to the entrance. The Lyric offers assisted listening devices, as well as closed captioning devices. Please note that not every movie is compliant with closed captions and audio descriptions. Call The Lyric at 970-426-6767 for more information.