June is Pride Month, and alongside the many Pride Month 2020 celebrations that have gone virtual, we compiled a list LGBT+ films that you can stream from home.
Pride Month is an opportunity to celebrate the visibility and hard-earned victories of LGBT people and movements. It is also a time to examine and identify governmental policies that inhibit equal rights in the United States and throughout the many parts of the world, where anti-LGBT discrimination and violence are rampant.
Here are some films that celebrate LGBT stories- both victories and continuing struggles:
- Queen of Ireland (Conor Horgan, 2015, Ireland) – 86 minute [Kanopy, Amazon Prime]
- Transit Havana (Daniel Abma, 2016, Cuba) – 86 min [Vimeo on Demand]
- TransMilitary (Gabriel Silverman, 2018, United States) – 92 min [various streaming platforms]
- Disclosure: Trans Lives on Screen (Sam Feder, 2020, United States) – 107 mins [Netflix]
- We Are the Radical Monarchs (Linda Goldstein Knowlton, 2019, United States) – 97 min [PBS – 7/20/20]
- Stonewall: Making of A Monument (Cheryl Furjanic, 2019, United States) – 18 min [Op-Docs]
- Beauty (Christina Willings, 2018, Canada) – 23 min [Amazon Prime]