How to fest!
From our homes to yours, the 6th ACT Human Rights Film Festival will be virtual! Enjoy a curated slate of the best human rights and social justice films safely at home. Plus, tune in for exclusive filmmaker conversations and live Q&As.
Our virtual film festival is available on computers, devices, and on your TV. Here are some helpful tips to so you’re ready when ACT 6 start on March 19, 2021.
Tickets to individual films will be on sale in early March
Check out the virtual hub for ACT’s 6th Film Festival
Plan ahead on how to watch:
Here’s a video to help your navigate our virtual festival site.
Here’s a video to help passholders reserve their film tickets (once film titles and the schedule is released).
Here’s a video to help you watch festival films on your TV.
Next, get your home theatre ready
You have created your account and have your pass or ticket. Now plan how to watch the films from your home theatre.
- Connect your TV (this is not an app for your device or phone – just for smart TVs).
- If you own a Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Smart TV, or Apple TV you can download the Eventive app, connect to your account, and stream films. (Note: live Q&As are not available on the Eventive App). Here’s a video tutorial to help.
- You can also Cast or AirPlay the film to your TV. For this option, use your smart phone or laptop to “Cast” (Google Chromecast) or “AirPlay” (Apple) films to your TV.
- You can plug your laptop or device into your TV through an HDMI cable.
- Watch on your computer, device, or tablet.