How to fest!
From our homes to yours, the 5th ACT Human Rights Film Festival will be entirely virtual! Enjoy a curated slate of the best human rights and social justice films safely at home. Plus, tune in for exclusive filmmaker conversations and live Q&As.
Our virtual film festival is available on computers, devices, and on your TV. Here are some helpful tips to so you’re ready when ACT starts on October 1st.
First, check out the lineup and order tickets or passes from ACT’s Virtual Film Festival
This year’s festival has 21 films + Q&As with filmmakers and film subjects that dive deeper into the film stories that empower and inspire us.
Most films are available throughout the festival, with a few exceptions. Tickets are limited to 300 for each screening, and passholders need to reserve tickets to the films they would like to see. Plan to join us for our live watch parties.
Here’s a video to help your navigate our virtual festival site.
Here’s a video to help passholders reserve their film tickets.
Next, get your home theatre ready
You have created your account and have your pass or ticket. Now plan how to watch the films from your home theatre.
- Connect your TV (this is not an app for your device or phone – just for smart TVs).
- If you own a Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Smart TV, or Apple TV you can download the Eventive app, connect to your account, and stream films. (Note: live Q&As are not available on the Eventive App).
- You can also Cast or AirPlay the film to your TV. For this option, use your smart phone or laptop to “Cast” (Google Chromecast) or “AirPlay” (Apple) films to your TV.
- You can plug your laptop or device into your TV through an HDMI cable.
- Watch on your computer, device, or tablet.